- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Elmont DWI Hit-and-run Suspect Killed Pedestrian, Cops Say
A Queens man has been arrested for allegedly driving drunk, crashing his SUV into a 61-year-old man who later died and fleeing the scene in Elmont over the weekend, Nassau County police said.
Brian Dudley, 41, of Laurelton, was driving his Toyota Highlander northbound on Cerenzia Boulevard when he hit the victim who was crossing Elmont Road at 3:30 p.m. Saturday, police said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead an hour later. His name was not immediately released.
Homicide Squad detectives determined that Dudley was under the influence of alcohol and then impounded his truck for safety checks, police said.
Dudley was charged with vehicular manslaughter, driving while intoxicated and driving without a license. He will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Hempstead.