- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hempstead Shooting Leaves Teen Driver Hurt
A teenager was shot and wounded while driving a car through Hempstead late Saturday night, Nassau County police said.
Hempstead village police officers responded to a report of shots fired while a large crowd was crossing South Franklin Street and a Toyota Sienna was seen fleeing the scene at 11:33 p.m. Saturday, authorities said.
Officers stopped the car shortly later and found the 17-year-old driver had suffered a gun shot to his right thigh, police said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment of his injuries. His passenger was not hurt.
Third Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding the above listed crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.