- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hemptead Hit-and-run Leaves Woman Dead
Nassau County police are looking for a hit-and-run driver that killed an 88-year-old woman in Hempstead on Monday morning.
The victim was struck in the southbound lanes of Peninsula Boulevard at the corner of Fulton Avenue by a vehicle that fled the scene at 6:38 a.m., police said.
The victim was taken to Mercy Hospital where she died about 20 minutes later. Her identity was not immediately released.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.