- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Valley Stream Man Charged With Murder
A Valley Stream man has been arrested for allegedly shooting to a Queens man to death in a parked car last week, Nassau County police said.
Orlando Ortiz, 31, was charged with second-degree murder for allegedly gunning down 50-year-old Richard Baccus of Rosedale.
Homicide Squad detectives said Baccus was found Dec. 23 dead of gunshot wounds inside a BMW 525 in a parking lot near Ay Caramba on West Merrick Road in Valley Stream.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Ortiz will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Hempstead.