- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Freeport Crash Kills Pedestrian
A pedestrian was fatally struck by a driver while crossing a road in Freeport in the early morning hours of New Year’s Day.
Nassau County police said a 73-year-old man was driving his Hyundai westbound on Atlantic Avenue when he hit a man who was walking across the street shortly after 1 a.m. Wednesday.
The victim was taken to South Nassau Community Hospital for treatment of severe head trauma but died two hours later.
Homicide Squad detectives impounded the vehicle and found no apparent criminality but are continuing the investigation.