- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Man’s Body Found in Great Neck Gas Station Dumpster
Nassau County police homicide detectives are investigating the death of a man whose body was found inside the dumpster of a Great Neck gas station late Friday afternoon, police said.
The man was already dead when his body was discovered at the Getty gas station on 120 Cuttermill Road, police said. He was only described as a white male.
Multiple news outlets reported Saturday that the discovery may be linked to the kidnapping of a Brooklyn business man on Thursday night, citing unnamed sources.
A Nassau County police spokeswoman did not say if the two cases are connected. Detectives did not say if the body was burned, she said.
An NYPD spokeswoman said the department has no update on the missing man’s case.
According to reports, 39-year-old Menachem Stark was forced into a Dodge Caravan after leaving work Thursday evening.
Police said the man’s body was transported to the Medical Examiner’s office where cause of death would be determined.
His identification is being withheld pending family notification, police said.
The investigation is ongoing.