- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hamptons DWI Suspect Killed Woman in Crash, Cops Say
A 56-year-old Middle Island woman was killed when an alleged drunken driver crashed into her while the victim was delivering newspapers in Hampton Bays over the weekend, Southampton Town Police said.
Donna Sartori was standing near her parked car delivering newspapers on Montauk Highway when a westbound Ford pick-up truck hit a parked car, her and then her parked car at 4:24 a.m. Sunday, police said.
Sartori was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver, 31-year-old Joseph Perez of Aquebogue, was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated after being treated for non-life threatening injuries at Peconic Bay Medical Center.
Southampton Town Detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone who may have information about the crash to call them at: 631-702-2230. or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.