- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Central Islip Bar Slashing Suspect Arrested
A fight between two groups of men at a Central Islip bar and restaurant led to one man slashing another, the victim being hospitalized and the suspect getting arrested over the weekend, Suffolk County police said.
Wilson Martinez, 24, of Deer Park, allegedly slashed 29-year-old Jose Rivera of Florida with a box cutter at Mi Encanto on Carleton Avenue at 12:30 a.m. Saturday, police said.
Rivera was taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, where he is being treated for non-life threatening injuries to his abdomen from his shoulder to his waist.
Martinez fled the scene but was quickly apprehended and charged with assault.
Third Squad detectives ask anyone who may have witnessed this incident to contact them at 631-854-8352.