- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Medford Man Charged With Wrong-way LIE DWI
An alleged drunken driver was arrested after he drove the wrong way on the Long Island Expressway in his hometown of Medford early Monday morning, Suffolk County police said.
Highway Patrol officers responded to 911 calls of a Honda Civic travelling westbound in the eastbound HOV lane of the LIE at Exit 64 and pulled the driver over between exits 59 and 58 at 2:35 a.m., police said.
The suspect, 51-year-old Steven Brill, was charged with driving while intoxicated and reckless driving.
He will be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Central Islip.