- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Slain Man’s Body Found in Copiague
An unidentified man who appeared to be the victim of violence was found dead in a parking outside of a business in Copiague over the weekend, Suffolk County police said.
Officers responded to Ralph Avenue a few blocks north of Sunrise Highway after the body of a man had been discovered behind a dumpster at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, police said.
The victim was taken to the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be performed to determine his identity and cause of death.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with any information about this case is asked to call them at 631-852-6392 or call anonymously to Suffolk County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.