- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Man Found Dead in Copiague ID’d
Suffolk County police have identified the 27-year-old man who they described as a “victim of violence” found dead behind a dumpster in his hometown of Copiague over the weekend.
Police said the body of Elvis Canales was found Sunday afternoon behind a dumpster in a parking lot on Ralph Avenue.
The victim’s body was taken to the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy was being conducted to determine his cause of death.
“He does have a hand injury, we are aware of how that occurred and were awaiting the conclusion of the medical examiner’s autopsy,” said Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, commander of the Homicide Squad.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigating and ask anyone with any information about this case is asked to call them at 631-852-6392 or call anonymously to Suffolk County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.