- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hampton Bays Woman Killed in Head-on Crash
A 47-year-old woman was killed when a PSEG utility truck crossed into the opposite lane of traffic and crashed head-on with the SUV she was driving in Flanders on Thursday, police said.
Barbara Tocci of Hampton Bays was driving her Ford Explorer northbound on Flanders Road when a southbound GMC utility truck collided with her SUV near the corner of Spinney Road, Southampton Town police said.
Tocci was pronounced dead at the scene. Her body was taken to the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be conducted.
The PSEG truck driver, 53-year-old Michael Pepe of Bayport, was taken to Peconic Bays Medical Center, where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Both vehicles were impounded while the investigation is continuing.
New York State Police Forensic ID and Collision Reconstruction Unit investigators responded to assist Suffolk County District Attorney’s Vehicular Crimes Bureau detectives.
No criminal charges are expected to be filed, police said.
Southampton Town Detectives ask anyone who may have witnessed the crash to call them at 631-702-2230.