- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Roosevelt Sexual Misconduct Suspect Sought
Nassau County police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who is wanted for alleged sexual misconduct against a girl in Roosevelt six months ago.
Jose Garcia was at a house on Denton Place in Roosevelt when he allegedly committed the act on the girl, who was described as younger than 18 years old, at 5 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17, 2013, police said. The suspect fled the scene in an unknown direction.
Sexual misconduct is defined in New York State law as engaging in sexual intercourse, oral sex or anal sex with another person without that person’s consent or engaging in sexual conduct with an animal or a dead human body.
Crime Stoppers is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to Garcia’s arrest and conviction.
Detectives ask anyone who knows the whereabouts of the subject, or with any information about this crime to call the toll-free Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain confidential.