- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Massapequa Man, 25, Dies in Lynbrook Car Crash
A 25-year-old Massapequa man was killed in a car crash early Saturday morning in Lynbrook, Nassau County police said.
The victim, Robert Dearing, was driving a 2003 Chevrolet Impala on Ocean Avenue at 4:43 a.m., police said, when the car crashed into a sign post and tree at the intersection of Ruth Place.
Dearing was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, police said. He was positively identified at Nassau County Morgue.
Police said the Impala was impounded for safety testing as part of its ongoing investigation.