- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Lakeview Man Charged With Shooting Another
An alleged gunman has been accused of shooting a man when a fight escalated at a deli in the suspect’s hometown of Lakeview last week.
Nassau County police arrested 27-year-old Terence Cunningham late Sunday night and charged him with assault, criminal use of a firearm, attempted robbery and criminal possession of a weapon.
Police said the alleged shooter got into a dispute with the 32-year-old victim inside Middle Store Deli & Grocery on Woodfield Road and waited for the victim outside, where Cunningham allegedly shot him with a handgun, striking the victim in the shoulder and chest at 5:46 p.m. Thursday.
A witness reportedly told police that they say the suspect try to rob the victim before the suspect fled northbound on Woodfield Road.
The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Cunningham will be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Hempstead.