- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Springs Man Found Dead in Snow
An 84-year-old man reportedly found dead outside of his Springs home on the South Fork on Wednesday morning may have been in the snow overnight.
Authorities are investigating Ralph Batalla’s death suspect he may have suffered a medical emergency in his yard outside of his home on Locust Drive, where a plow operator found him at 7:35 a.m., East Hampton Town Police told the East Hampton Press.
Batalla was taken to the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be conducted to determine his cause of death.
Police do not suspect foul play but are continuing the investigation.