- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Glen Cove Man Charged With Sex Abuse
A Glen Cove man has been arrested for sexually abusing a female masseuse at a Hicksville spa two weeks ago, Nassau County police said.
James Catanzano was charged with first-degree sexual abuse at Red Bell Spa on Newbridge Road.
The 53-year-old suspect allegedly grabbed the victim’s arm “in an attempt to have her touch him in a sexual manner,” then touched her “in an inappropriate sexual manner” when she backed into a corner on Jan. 6, police have said.
The victim called 911 and the suspect fled, police said.
Catanzano will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.