- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Uniondale Man Robbed 3 Banks in 4 Days, Cops Say
New York parole officers have apprehended a Uniondale man wanted for robbing three banks in four days this month, including two robberies four hours apart on the same day, Nassau County police said.
Robert Davidson was arrested Thursday and charged with robbery and violation of parole. He previously has served several prison terms for robberies dating back to the 1990s, records show.
Police said the 56-year-old gave a note demanding money to a teller at TD Bank on Merrick Road in Rockville Centre and fled with cash at 2:15 p.m. Jan. 10.
Three days later, he allegedly used the same method to rob Capital One Bank on Merrick Road in Merrick shortly before noon Jan. 13 and Capital One Bank on Franklin Avenue in Garden City at 3:37 p.m. the same day.
Witnesses described Davidson as wearing a Toronto Blue Jays baseball cap, dark hooded jacket, scarf and jeans at the time of the robberies.
He will be arraigned in First District Court in Hempstead on Friday.