- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
East Hampton Woman Found Dead in Snow
A 67-year-old woman was found dead in the snow outside of her East Hampton home.
A home health aide found Catherine Dransfield’s body near the garage of the Hands Creek Road home that Dransfield shared with her mother shortly before 11 a.m. Thursday, East Hampton Town Police said.
Dransfield, a realtor, was taken to the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be conducted to determine her cause of death.
Detectives are continuing the investigation into the woman’s death, which does not appear to be suspicious.
Dransfield is the second South Fork resident to be found dead in the snow this week. A plow driver found an 84-year-old man dead in the snow outside of his Springs home Wednesday.