- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Selden Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead
A 47-year-old man was fatally struck by a delivery truck in Selden on Thursday night.
Suffolk County police said Carl Lunsford was hit by a southbound Ford FedEx delivery truck on Magnolia Drive shortly before 7 p.m.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver, 27-year-old Laurence Broggy, was not injured.
Motor Carrier Safety Section officers inspected the truck, which was not impounded.
Sixth Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on this crash to call them at 631-854-8652 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.