- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Commack Man Struck, Killed by Car
A 69-year-old bus driver from Commack was struck and killed as he was walking to work in Ronkonkoma on Monday morning.
Suffolk County police said Wayne Wickard was crossing Veterans Memorial Highway on his way to work at Baumann & Sons Bus Company, when he was hit by a westbound Dodge Neon at the corner of 5th Avenue shortly after 6 a.m.
Wickard was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Neon, 53-year-old Annette Agliato of Bohemia, was not injured.
Fifth Squad detectives impounded the car, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about the crash to contact them at 631-854-8552 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.