- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Lake Ronkonkoma Burglar Caught in Act, Cops Say
A burglar got into a physical altercation when he was caught breaking into a house in Lake Ronkonkoma two weeks ago, Suffolk County police said Monday.
The burglar kicked down the rear door of a house and when the homeowner’s relative went to check on the house, when a confrontation ensued and the suspect fled on foot Sunday, Jan.12, according to Sixth Squad detectives.
Two suspects were caught on surveillance video inside the house. Police released images from that video in the hopes that someone will recognize them.
One of the suspects was described as a white man in his late 20s or early 30s, 6-feet, 1-inch tall, 220 pounds with short brown hair. He was wearing a black sweatshirt, a black North Face knit hat and jeans.
Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.