- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Massapequa Park Pedestrian Struck, Killed by Car
A 44-year-old woman was fatally struck by a Nissan while crossing Sunrise Highway in Massapequa Park over the weekend.
Nassau County police said the victim was walking across Route 27 near the corner of Lake Shore Drive when she was hit by the the eastbound vehicle at 9:29 p.m. Friday.
The victim, whose identity was not immediately available, suffered severe head trauma and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Homicide Squad detectives said the vehicle passed saety inspections, there was no apparent criminality and the investigation is continuing.