- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
NUMC on Lock Down Amid Search for Assault Suspect
Nassau University Medical Center is on lock down as authorities said they are searching for a suspect who allegedly assaulted a corrections officer inside the East Meadow hospital on Wednesday morning.
A police spokesman said that a corrections officer suffered a minor injury shortly before 11 a.m. The officer was attacked by a civilian, not the inmate that the officer was guarding, the police spokesman said.
A hospital spokeswoman confirmed that the building is on lock down while the search continues.
Investigators reviewing surveillance tapes while the search continues.