- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Cops Seek Middle Island Hit-and-Run Driver
Suffolk County police are searching for a box truck driver who was involved in a hit-and-run crash in Middle Island early Thursday morning that seriously injured a pedestrian.
Police said the driver struck 22-year-old Lisa Andronica, who was walking southbound on Wilson Avenue at 3:10 a.m., and then fled the scene.
The vehicle was only described as a dark-colored box truck.
The Holtsville woman was transported to Stony Brook University Hospital where she was listed in serious condition, police said.
The investigation is continuing, police said. Detectives are asking anyone with information on the crash to call the Sixth Squad at 631-854-8652 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.