- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
LIRR Train Hits, Kills Man in Hicksville
A westbound Long Island Rail Road train reportedly stuck and killed man at the Hicksville station during the Thursday morning rush-hour commute.
The victim was hit shortly after 8 a.m. by the 5:39 a.m. train from Montauk due in Long Island City at 8:44 a.m., according to the MTA.
Local media outlets reported that the victim, whose identity was not immediately available, was pronounced dead at the scene.
MTA Police are continuing the investigation into the cause of the incident.
Several trains were delayed as a result but the LIRR said it was operating on or close to schedule two hours later.