- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hempstead Man Charged With Attempted Murder
A Hempstead man has been arrested for allegedly shooting a 24-year-old man following an argument at the accused gunman’s home early over the weekend, Nassau County police said.
Oneil Meade, 28, his 41-year-old brother, Clive Meade, and the victim walked outside of the Linden Place home after the fight escelated shortly before 5 a.m. Saturday, when Oneil shot the victim in the neck, police said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital, where he is listed in critical condition.
Hempstead and Nassau police recovered a silver Walther PPKS 9mm handgun at the scene, authorities said.
Oneil Meade was charged with second-degree attempted murder, assault and criminal possession of a weapon. Clive Meade was charged with tampering with physical evidence.
They will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Hempstead.