- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Nassau County Jail Inmate Found Dead
A 47-year-old Far Rockaway man was found dead at Nassau County jail in East Meadow on Monday morning, authorities said.
Kevin Brown was serving a sentence for petit larceny when he was found unresponsive in his cell shortly before 7 a.m., police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
His body was taken to the county Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be conducted to determine his cause of death.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation but say they have found no criminality at this time.