- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Levittown Man Charged With Attempted Murder of Landlord
A Levittown man has been charged with attempted murder for allegedly firing a rifle at his landlord after an argument escalated into a physical fight on Tuesday afternoon, Nassau County police said.
Rohan Kahn, 58, first punched and kicked the 51-year-old victim, who fled the suspect’s Carter Place apartment while Kahn allegedly fired five shots, hitting two nearby cars at 2:15 p.m., police said.
The victim and a 54-year-old woman in one of the vehicles were injured by glass that broke in the shooting, police said.
Kahn had barricaded himself in his home when police arrived, prompting the Island Trees School District to be placed in lockdown. Hostage negotiators talked Kahn out of the home two hours later.
Kahn was also charged with criminal use of a firearm and reckless endangerment. He will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Hempstead.