- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Cops: Hit-and-Run Driver Covered Victim in Blanket, Drove Away
Nassau County police are searching for pickup truck driver who seriously injured a pedestrian in East Garden City Wednesday and covered the victim with a blanket before fleeing the scene, police said.
The 54-year-old man was crossing Commercial Avenue just before 6 p.m. when he was struck by a dark two-tone pickup truck, police said. After the crash, a white male in his 50’s covered the victim with a blanket and then drove away.
The victim suffered a severe head laceration and a fractured pelvis, police said. He was transported to a local hospital where he was listed in serious condition.
The man in the pickup truck is of average height and has a thin build, police said. He was wearing a black jacket and a red hat at the time of the incident.
Detectives ask anyone with information regarding the crash to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All calls are anonymous.