- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
NCPD Investigating Possible Link in Oceanside, Island Park Explosions
Nassau County police detectives are trying to determine whether two minor explosions in Island Park and Oceanside are connected.
Police said two vehicles—one on Moore Avenue in Oceanside and the second on Port Jefferson Avenue in Island Park—were both damaged by two separate explosions that occurred four days apart. The first incident was reported in Oceanside at 9:30 p.m. last Saturday, and the second occurred on Wednesday just before midnight, police said.
“Both vehicles sustained moderate damage consistent with an explosion,” police said in a news release.
Nobody was injured.
Arson/Bomb Squad investigators are exploring possible links between the two incidents, police said.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All calls are anonymous.