- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Cops: Lindenhurst Man Stole 7-Eleven’s Cancer Research Donation Jar
A 20-year-old Lindenhurst man was arrested this week for allegedly stealing a donation jar meant to raise funds for cancer research, Suffolk County police said.
Matthew Donadeo was charged with petit larceny and with an unrelated charge of criminal contempt.
The donation jar was stolen from a Lindenhurst 7-Eleven on Feb. 3 at 9:45 p.m., police said. The store’s manager had displayed the jar so customers could contribute to a cancer research fund in memory of his daughter Isabella Pine, police said.
The store’s video surveillance and several tips from the public were crucial in identifying Donadeo as the alleged suspect, police said.
Two Suffolk police officers arrested Donadeo at a friend’s house in Lindenhurst on Tuesday, police said.
He was arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Central Islip.