- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Brentwood Sex Assault Suspect Sought
Suffolk County police released a sketch Friday of suspect that authorities said is wanted for sexually assaulting a woman in Brentwood last week.
Police said the man in the sketch began speaking to the victim in Spanish while she was walking on Grouse Drive at 9 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13.
The woman ran away, but fell on ice in the roadway. The man then sexually assaulted the woman and fled the area, police said.
Investigators described the suspect as a Hispanic man, 5-feet, 6-inches tall, chubby, between 30 and 40 years old with a full black mustache and thinning black hair. He was wearing a brown Carhartt jacket with blue jeans and work boots.
Third Squad detectives ask anyone with information on this incident to call them at 631-854-8352 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.