- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Aisha Tyler (The Talk)
West 42nd Street
The actress, author and popular The Talk host Aisha Tyler chats with Touré (co-host of MSNBC’s The Cycle) about her essay collection that is loaded with comic essays appropriately named after her podcast segment “Self-Inflicted Wounds.”
“Word for Word Author” is an outdoor reading series that features bestselling authors, celebrity writers, and expert-panelists sharing anecdotes, answering questions from the audience, and signing copies of their latest books.
Location: The Bryant Park Reading Room located on the 42nd Street side of the park – under the trees – in the back of the NYPL between Fifth and Sixth Avenues. Look for the burgundy and white umbrellas. Bryant Park phone number: 212-768-4242.
Rain Venue: There will be a tent set up for use during mists or light rain. Only in the event of severe weather, would we take our program indoors to The New York Public Library, Stephen A. Schwarzman Building at Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street enter at 42nd Street.
The website link for the entire “Word for Word” season including poetry events, a non-fiction series, film talks, story times and more for kids, a financial book series, a classics book club and workshops for writers is here: