- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Annual Day of Making a Difference
During the day the public is invited to visit to participate in a Hunger 101 Workshop; donate non-perishable food, new school supplies, personal care products, household supplies, and pet food; tour the food bank; help sort food in the warehouse; become a volunteer; purchase a gift of Harry Chapin’s music; and make a donation to support the ongoing work of the organization. Refreshments are being provided by Rigatoni’s Restaurant, Jonathan Lord Bakery, and Coca Cola.
Long Island Cares, Inc. welcomes visitors to learn more about the regional food bank that Chapin established and to support the work of the organization as it addresses the needs of more than 300,000 Long Islanders impacted by hunger and/or food insecurities.
To participate in “A Day of Making a Difference” call: (631) 582-FOOD.
Locations: 10 Davids Drive in Hauppauge; 84 Pine Street in Freeport; 163-1 N. Wellwood Avenue in Lindenhurst