- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Long Island Ducks “Hunger Awareness Day”
3 Court House Drive
Central Islip,NY 11722
On Sunday, September 8th the Long Island Ducks will take to the field at Bethpage Ballpark ready to fight hunger on Long Island. With the support of NBTY Helping Hands and working in partnership with Long Island Cares, Inc.-The Harry Chapin Food Bank, the Ducks and NBTY Helping Hands are sponsoring “Hunger Awareness Day” to call attention to and reaise awareness about hungr on Long Island and the work of Long Island Cares, Inc.
Long Island Cares’ staff and volunteers will be collecting donations of non-perishable food and providing information about their wide array of programs and community services to assist families impacted by hunger and food insecurity both on the plaze and on the concourse of the ballpark. In addition, the first 1,500 fans to enter the ballpark will receive commemorative “Hunger Awareness Day” tee-shirts. The Ducks will also be wearing specially designed orange jerseys to promote hunger awareness.
Long Island Cares, Inc. has a number of excellent tickets available for this special day game at $12.00 each, and all proceeds support the regional food bank. To purchase tickets to join the “Hunger Awareness Day” festivities, please call (631) 582-FOOD.