- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 15 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 17 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 17 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 32 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 36 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 37 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 49 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 49 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 52 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 54 days ago
West Shore Road in Mill Neck Reopens After Sandy
The superstorm caused large part of the seawall and the roadway to collapse in October.
- Posted 9 days ago
Wink Clears Way for Weitzman in Nassau Comptroller Race
“As Yogi Berra would say, ‘This is déjà vu all over again.’”
- Posted 30 days ago
Bay Park Sewage Plant Sandy Repairs Continue
“Societies have lived and died based on their sewage systems.”
- Posted 36 days ago
Cuomo Announces Proposal For LIPA’s Future
“Simply put, LIPA is broken."
- Posted 38 days ago
Adam Haber Goes Door-to-door in Nassau Exec Race
"I usually walk very fast because the faster you walk the more doors you can knock!”
- Posted 44 days ago
New Nassau Coliseum Proposals Unveiled
Of the four pitches, three involved refurbishing the arena and one called for demolishing the coliseum to rebuild it.
- Posted 49 days ago
Boston Marathon Bombing: Long Island Reacts
“We will turn every rock over to find the person responsible.”
- Posted 65 days ago
Nassau, Suffolk Jail Lawsuits Allege Failures, Increase Scrutiny
Lawsuits in Suffolk claim inmates were sexually harassed and treated inhumanely while Nassau was ordered to enact oversight.
- Posted 67 days ago
Sandy Art Contest to Honor Storm Survivors
Nassau officials invited local artists to use Long Beach boardwalk scraps in a contest to commemorate Sandy recovery efforts.
- Posted 77 days ago
Nassau Seeks Help for Untreated Mentally Ill
County health officials want to get people with mental health disorders help before they turn to drugs or get violent.
- Posted 94 days ago