- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats Show
“It would take a very small emergency for people to not pay their rent and wind up in the same situation.”
- Posted 1 month ago
Nassau, Suffolk Legislatures Freshman Pols Taking Seats
Nearly a quarter of both Nassau and Suffolk county legislative seats are undergoing turnover as new lawmakers voters elected in November are being sworn in now that the New Year has arrived. The eight freshman county legislators,...
- Posted 2 months ago
Suffolk Dems Maintain Legislative Majority
Republicans picked off one key seat but Democrats unseated a renegade member who didn't caucus with the party.
- Posted 4 months ago
Giant Electromagnet Moving from BNL to Ill.
The 15-ton, 50-foot-wide, $25-million ring starts the first leg of its cross-country trip Sunday night.
- Posted 9 months ago
Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and Suspicion
“Morale is horrible. We’re like walking zombies. Then 20 minutes before your shift ends, they give you a termination letter: ‘Goodbye!’”
- Posted 9 months ago
Deal to Save Suffolk Nursing Home Scuttled
A deal to stop Suffolk County from shutting down the John J. Foley Skilled Nursing Facility has apparently collapsed.
- Posted 11 months ago
Suffolk OKs Seizing Hit-and-run Vehicles
The bill passed the legislature unanimously Tuesday evening.
- Posted 12 months ago