- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 15 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 16 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 16 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 31 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 35 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 36 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 48 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 49 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 51 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 54 days ago
Suffolk Pols Debate Merging Treasurer, Comptroller
Suffolk County Exec Bellone is asking the legislature to allow voters to decide the issue in a November referendum.
- Posted 12 hours ago
Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and Suspicion
“Morale is horrible. We’re like walking zombies. Then 20 minutes before your shift ends, they give you a termination letter: ‘Goodbye!’”
- Posted 16 days ago
Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After Sandy
“It is like opening a brand new place. Business was phenomenal.”
- Posted 31 days ago
Cuomo Announces Proposal For LIPA’s Future
“Simply put, LIPA is broken."
- Posted 37 days ago
Suffolk Police Enacting School Crisis Hotline
Phones will be set up in schools that provide direct lines to SCPD's 911 supervisor, saving time and improving response.
- Posted 43 days ago
Deal to Save Suffolk Nursing Home Scuttled
A deal to stop Suffolk County from shutting down the John J. Foley Skilled Nursing Facility has apparently collapsed.
- Posted 71 days ago
Fire Island Breach Repair Firm Sought
State and federal officials have agreed to start the process to fill Fire Island's breach should they decide it needs closing later.
- Posted 96 days ago
Fire Island Breach Needs to be Closed, Bellone Says
Suffolk County exec blames the breach caused by Sandy for South Shore Long Island flooding, but critics disagree.
- Posted 98 days ago
Bellone Gives Suffolk State of the County Address
Steve Bellone warned of more budget troubles, rallied for rebuilding after Sandy and proposed streamlining government.
- Posted 120 days ago
Long Island Weather: Hundreds of Cars Still Stuck, Roads Reopening
“Unfortunately its like quick sand, once you stop in snow like this…you get buried."
- Posted 130 days ago