- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 14 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 16 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 16 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 31 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 35 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 36 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 48 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 48 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 51 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 53 days ago
Brentwood Man Torched Bed in Roomie Tiff, Cops Say
A Brentwood man has been accused of locking a his former roommate in a room of a Water Mill home and setting his bed on fire over the summer.
Southampton Town Police said Kehare Hawkins filled a shampoo bottle with a flamable liquid and lit on fire using some bandage wrappings at the house on Montauk Highway on the night of Aug. 10, 2012.
The 21-year-old suspect, who used to live in the house, “set a fire underneath his own bed, left the room, but then locked his roommate in the bedroom with the fire” following an argument with the victim, police said in a news release.
The victim was not injured, but the fire spread to the carpeting.
Hawkins was charged with arson. His bail was set at $25,000.
Police said he is not a suspect in other open arson investigations on the East End.