- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Billy Joel. Today’s Most Awesome Person Ever. Here’s Why. (Video)
“I have a fantastic Buzz today,” I announced this morning.
“Drinking before work?” asked Sal.
Hardy har har.
Yes, Sal. But that’s not why it’s so fantastic.
Now, normally, I get very angry when people skip my write-ups on these here Buzz entries, as frankly, my unearthly ability to entertain is a gift that cannot be paralleled.
But in this case, go ahead, as the gift I give to all pales in comparison to the one the great, iconic, Long Island treasure/deity Billy Joel himself bestowed unto young Michael Pollack.
Pollack, a student at Vanderbilt University, was in the audience at a January event with Joel titled “An Evening of Questions and Answers and a Little Bit of Music.”
In one shining moment, all three happened.
Pollack asked a question, Joel gave an answer and then there was a little bit o’ music.
As they say in the ‘hood, and in the chicken nursery, peep it.