- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Bellport Man Advertised Heroin on Internet, Cops Say
A Bellport man allegedly advertising heroin on the Internet was arrested Tuesday night during an undercover operation by Nassau County police, authorities said.
Detectives said 28-year-old Obadiah Johnson was attempting to sell heroin on the website, “backpage,” when detectives arranged to meet Johnson at a predetermined location on Sunnyside Boulevard in Plainview.
Police arrested Johnson when he arrived and recovered 20 bags of heroin and cash, police said.
Garden City police also assisted in the operation.
Johnson is charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a controlled substance. He will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Hempstead.