- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Long Beach Man Attacked Golfers, Cops Say
A Long Beach man has been accused of attacking a pair of golfers after shouting a string of racial slurs at them at the Eisenhower Park golf course in East Meadow this week.
Grant Smith was playing golf as a single at white course when he made rude comments on the third hole to two men ages 66 and 65 and then yelled racial slurs at them on the fifth hole at 9:35 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
Smith, 48, then struck the 65-year-old victim with a golf club in the left calf, breaking off the head of the club and threatened to stab the victims with the broken club, police said.
The victims called 911 as Smith fled the course. The man who was hit was treated at an area hospital for a contusion.
Smith was arrested Thursday and charged with assault and menacing.
He will be arraigned Friday at First District Court in Hempstead.