- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Brentwood Man Convicted of Murder
A Brentwood man has been convicted of beating a man to death with a pipe and seriously injuring another outside of a pool hall two years ago.
A Suffolk County jury found Jairon Gonzales-Martinez guilty Thursday of second-degree murder, gang assault and assault.
Prosecutors said the 24-year-old fatally beat Rumaldo Bethancourt-Lopez, 29, in front of the Fiesta Pool Hall in Brentwood in June of 2011. He also seriously injured another man who was hospitalized for head injuries.
Judge Mark Cohen will sentence Gonzales-Martinez on May 22.