- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Brentwood Man Convicted of Murder
A Brentwood man has been convicted of beating a man to death with a pipe and seriously injuring another outside of a pool hall two years ago.
A Suffolk County jury found Jairon Gonzales-Martinez guilty Thursday of second-degree murder, gang assault and assault.
Prosecutors said the 24-year-old fatally beat Rumaldo Bethancourt-Lopez, 29, in front of the Fiesta Pool Hall in Brentwood in June of 2011. He also seriously injured another man who was hospitalized for head injuries.
Judge Mark Cohen will sentence Gonzales-Martinez on May 22.