- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Central Islip Father Sold Heroin with Baby in Arms, Cops Say
Suffolk County police detectives conducting surveillance in Central Islip Thursday afternoon arrested a man for allegedly selling heroin while holding his 8-month-old baby girl in his arms, police said.
The father, 23-year-old Tyreek Langs, was nabbed after he walked out of 46 Peters Boulevard at 3 p.m. with his daughter in his arms and made his way down the street where a customer was waiting, police said.
Police swooped in after the alleged drug deal and made the arrest. Langs, of Central Islip, was charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance, criminal possession of a controlled substance and endangering the welfare of a child.
The child was released to her great grandmother, police said. Child Protective Services was also notified.
Langs was held at the 4th Precinct as he awaited his arraignment Friday at First District Court in Central Islip.