- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Medford Man Killed in SUV Crash
A 20-year-old man was killed when he crashed his SUV into a tree in his hometown of Medford on Wednesday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Peter Mungo was driving a Hyundai Santa Fe westbound on Jamaica Avenue when the vehicle veered off the road, struck a mailbox and then a tree in front at 12:45 p.m.
Mungo was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue where he was pronounced dead shortly after Emergency Service Section officers extricated him from the vehicle.
Fifth Squad detectives impounded the truck, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information to call them at 631-854-8552 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.