- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Woman’s Body Found in Mastic Beach Canal
A 63-year-old woman was found dead in a canal in her hometown of Mastic Beach on Tuesday morning, Suffolk County police said.
A fisherman found a body in the water west of Beaver Drive and called 911 shortly before 8 a.m., police said. She was later identified as Dianne Ross, who lived about seven blocks from where she was found.
The victim was taken to the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be performed to determined her cause of death.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.
The incident marks the second time this month that a body has been found floating in a Mastic waterway.