- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Central Islip Shooting Wounds 2 Men
Two 24-year-old men were shot and wounded in their hometown of Central Islip on Wednesday afternoon, Suffolk County police said.
Officers responded to 911 calls of shots fired on Peach Street, where they found Keith Vann shot in the leg and abdomen and James Anderson shot in the lower leg shortly before 1 p.m.
They were taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, where they were treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Witnesses told investigators that they saw a black man driving a gold or tan SUV was seen fleeing the scene shortly after the shooting.
Third Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about this incident to contact them at 631-854-8352 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.