- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Levittown Man Killed in Yaphank Crash
A 32-year-old Levittown man was killed when a driver crashed his car into the victim’s motorcycle that was stopped in the median of Sunrise Highway in Yaphank on Sunday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Jason Delauro had pulled his Honda motorcycle into the median of Route 27, when a westbound 2012 BMW 535 drifted out of the left lane and struck Delauro just west of Horseblock Road shortly after 1 p.m
Delauro was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver, Gregory Dean, of Seaford, who is also 32, refused medical attention.
Fifth Squad detectives impounded the vehicles and are continuing the investigation.