- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Levittown Man Killed in Yaphank Crash
A 32-year-old Levittown man was killed when a driver crashed his car into the victim’s motorcycle that was stopped in the median of Sunrise Highway in Yaphank on Sunday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Jason Delauro had pulled his Honda motorcycle into the median of Route 27, when a westbound 2012 BMW 535 drifted out of the left lane and struck Delauro just west of Horseblock Road shortly after 1 p.m
Delauro was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver, Gregory Dean, of Seaford, who is also 32, refused medical attention.
Fifth Squad detectives impounded the vehicles and are continuing the investigation.