- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Dina Lohan Pleads Not Guilty to DWI
Dina Lohan, mother of actress Lindsay Lohan, has reportedly pleaded not guilty to drunken driving on Long Island just days before her 51st birthday earlier this month.
Judge Joy Watson suspended Dina’s license and released her without bail during her arraignment at First District Court in Hempstead, according to media reports.
New York State Troopers had arrested her for driving while intoxicated after she was pulled over for speeding 77 mph on the Northern State Parkway on Sept. 12.
As the Press has reported, Dina’s arrest comes as her mortgage lender filed to foreclose on her Merrick home.
The Associated Press reported that Lindsay, who recently completed her latest stint in court-ordered rehab, was spotted outside her mother’s house the day of the court appearance.
The New York Daily News reports that Dina told Troopers that she’d drank up to three glasses of white wine before driving and that she was whisked away from court in a silver Rolls Royce.